What better way to create a new experience then move to the other side of the world...

If I could just fly home for the weekend...

Posted on 3:16 PM | By AB | In


Life Lessons

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.

Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The women I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.

I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
By Joanna Fuchs

Today is Fathers Day...well actually in New Zealand it is not Father's Day until September!!! So lucky for my Dad there is two days of the year that I call and wish him a Happy Father's Day! I was looking though photos of my Dad and I in the past few years, there is a very common trend ....we are always smiling, joking around, and just having fun:) I can't remember a time in my life in which my Dad wasn't there for me....good situation or bad I could and still could always call my Dad. I miss and love you everyday and I am counting down the days until I can dance with you at my wedding!!! xoxo

Grandfather-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandpas are short on criticism and long on love.

~Author Unknown

This weekend is also my Grandpa's 75th birthday. From the bottom of my heart I wish you a Happy Birthday!!! I am such a lucky girl to have my Grandpa as a big part of my life. I have so many memories in my life that include my Grandpa and the newest ones are of my Grandpa and Grandma coming to visit New Zealand! I hope that you are spoiled today by all the people who love and admire you so much! I wish I could be there to celebrate the amazing father, husband, grandpa, and now great grandpa you are in so many of our lives. Love you xoxoxoxo

My Sister

I'm so blessed you're my sister
And also my best friend
If I ever want to borrow
You always gladly lend

When I need a laugh or two
I just give you a ring
You have this special knack
To say the right thing

You are so very special
Always there for me
If I didn't have you sis
How different life would be

Laughter and tears we've shared
Throughout many years
And so many tiimes
You have banished my fears

I love you so very much
This I just want to say
You brighten my life
In so many different ways
This weekend was also my little sisters 24th Birthday! See what I mean...a weekend that was so full of events to celebrate:) My sister is truly my best friend and one of the people I miss the very most being on the other side of the world. Christina is always one of the first people I turn to for advice and to tell exciting news! I am so excited for all the stories we will share and create together in the years to come...especially our New Zealand rugby adventure in less then 3 months! xoxo


Comments (1)

That is such a great blog post. I to am looking forward to the Father/Daughter dance at your wedding. That will be one of my most proudest moments. And, you are also right, "You can always call Dad". I am so proud of the young woman you have become and the life you are living. You and Devon make us realize that we must have done more than a few things right. We look forward to your trip to Calgary followed up by your and Devon's return in December. We know there is a lot happening between now and then, but it is all fun stuff that will result in the creation of another family. I expect, just like you are doing now, that if you need a hand with something you will call Dev, but if he is busy "You can always call Dad".

Love you lot's
Dad

Post a Comment