What better way to create a new experience then move to the other side of the world...

Holy - Where did Feburary go?

Posted on 11:04 PM | By Wallace | In , , ,

It feels like it was only last week I wrote about modeling my first tooth, checking out Baldwin Street and chillin' with Colin - time is just flying by! Well, since then I have started my first animated video, moved into my new digs up in Roslyn and taken a road trip to Christchurch.

I've finally got internet at home now, so I am updating the blog from my sofa with a beer in one hand while watching Nitro Circus! Creativity isa justa flowing!

Well, I thought I'd test out Google's Picasa photo service.. I've gotta say it wasn't the fastest thing, as it took nearly 30 minutes to upload just 15 photos.. So here are the 15 photos that I managed to upload before I got bored and stopped:



I went up to Christchurch with Stacy the a few weeks ago to check out Avatar again and to do a bit of sightseeing along the way. On Saturday night we found a spot on the side of a rural road somewhere on the Banks Peninsula to set up a tent. Once I got my tent up I decided to stay up and take some time laps shots of the sky. It was just my luck, I found the southern rotation axes at which the stars rotated around.. Unfortunately my batteries ran out before I could get a the perfect shot with super long exposure. I think these will do for now though!

This was my first photo:
The sky was so clear, I hadn't seen the sky like that in a very long time. The Milky Way was so bright, and the cool part was that I didn't recognize any of the constellations - it was like I was in a different part of the world! It was only Orion's Belt I was able to pick out.

Details: ISO 200, f-stop 3.5, exposure 10 minutes













And by the time I was starting to dial in the exposure and the framing in my batters ran out.. At the same time it had taken me almost an hour and a half to get it to this stage as each test shot I increased the exposure time. This shot was achieved sometime around 2am.

Details: ISO 200, f-stop 3.5, exposure 30 minutes

Comments (2)

Those pictures are bloody amazing....what an incredible sight that must have been....

Yea, pretty much all of NZ has incredible sights. It's too bad that any photos just doesn't do it any justice!

Post a Comment